It is really a million dollar question that whether Riverside County is a crime prone zone or not. Some says that the “crime” which was fully active in previous days is now quite under control. But, how far you can believe it, although, few places are fairly “well known” for notorious crime and criminals.
Let’s check the statistics and face the reality.
As per the research, the overall crime in Riverside is 11% higher than California. Although in comparison to California the “violent crime” is 0% higher in Riverside County. But in terms of property crime, the rate is quite higher (13%) than in California. Please check it.
Here casualties have been calculated per 1, 00,000 people and it were taken from the period started from 1999 to 2011.
1. Rapes: In 1999, the rape was 77. In 2008, it was increased to 109. But in 2011 it was phenomenally decreased to 57.
2. Murders: In 1999, murder cases were registered to 30 and it was the highest total compare to the consecutive period started from 1999 to 2011. In 2011, it was decreased to 13.
3. Theft: From 1999 to 2011 theft was quite active in Riverside County. In 1999, it was 5,733. In 2005, it was highest (8157) and in 2011, 6278 thefts were lodged.
4. Burglaries: Just like theft, burglaries were quite higher between these periods. In 1999 registered burglaries were 2250. It was highest in 2005 just below the number of 2500. 2080 burglaries were registered in 2011.
5. Assaults: In 1999, 1329 cases were registered against assaults. In 2001, it was in the peak form and cases registered were 1422. In 2011, it was quite managed (782 cases were registered).
As per the statistics 410 registered sex-offenders are living in the Riverside County.
“Avoid the 30”, this new law has been enforced to control and reduce the number of people driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
For more information please visit Riverside County.